Weekend Wrap Up

Friday night started off with us going to Red Robin for my 2nd son’s birthday – which is actually today, I can’t believe he is 7! That also means, 7 years ago yesterday was my last day working out of the home. Crazy.


Started off with a diet coke the size of my head. I drink water when I’m at home, but when we go out to eat, it’s a treat and I go for the glory.


Whenever we go out to eat, I try and get something different each time, and this time I went for one of their gourmet burgers- the smoke and pepper.


Perhaps our Finest burger yet. Topped with black-pepper bacon and extra-sharp Cheddar on a toasted ciabatta bun with house-made Smoke & Pepper ketchup

Apparently, I only have video of them singing to him and I can’t get it to load on here, but he was SO excited and loved every second of it…and of course the huge ice cream sundae they brought out  didn’t hurt the situation either.

Saturday morning I had a MUCH needed hair appointment. My last cut and color was around Christmas…of 2013- so over a year. Yikes. Before and after.


Love having a brother in law as a hair stylist and color expert! He’s also a web site designer, so while we waited for the color to process, we did a little work on the blog to make it load a little bit faster.

The news stations had started talking about a weekend storm the middle of last week, but they were saying less than 6” max. By Saturday afternoon, the storm had shifted and they were forecasting 6-10”…by the time it ended just a few hours ago, we wound up with just over 16”. Since Saturday is my regular grocery shopping day, we had NOTHING in the house and I knew that we needed to go.


We waited in line for 45 minutes. Insane.


Snacks = snow day / superbowl treats necessity.


We braved the snow and went to my Mom’s house for dinner and superbowl watching. My awesome sister in law made this cake for Aiden’s birthday- he LOOOOVES Batman.

What normally takes us 25 minutes to get home, took an hour, but we made it home.


This was at an intersection (don’t worry, the husband was driving) and also the end of plowed roads for the rest of the drive home. This was also the time that the storm really started to ramp up in intensity, and according to the news, we were getting close to 2” an hour. Thank goodness we were home once that happened!!

No surprise, today is a snow day for my older kids, we are hanging out inside, but I did venture out for a few pictures.



I hope everyone had a great weekend, and if you were caught in this storm over the weekend (or it’s hitting you today) , stay safe and warm!!


Leave a Reply